Assignments for Week 06
.Watch for update indication on Course Page.
Reading for the Week:
Class activities for the Week:
- Seminar Schedule today
- College Essay Due Friday
- Start Peer Teaching
- VQ 3 in class
- College Essay Due
Issues to think about as you read:
- Readings this week give us rather interesting insite into parts of Asian culture. Try to note ideas, customs, and attitudes which are different, some radically, from modern American culture. Make a list.
- From the Introductory notes, what forces in that culture might account for such differences? Is there a time in Europeans/American history when such forces would also have been in play?
- How does "time" figure into some of these pieces?
- Do you find a rather different view of death in "Love Suicides"?
- Notes should be kept in a file or written in a notebook available in classroom for class
discussion. You may call the file Reading Notes.
Resources from Internet for this Week:
to Top of my homepage.
to MSMS Home Page
Updated: 09/14/09 By Jack