Journalism I and II
- Welcome to Journalism for the year 2010. We made seriour creative profress
with this course last year and have great plans to continue that trend.
- Be sure to read the Course
- You need to locate the following resources:
- Mr. Carter's Website
- Moodle Internal which gives us access even if Internet is
- Moodle External which will give us access away from MSMS when this link
- Password to Moodle.
- Because of problems in the past (thank your seniors, your grandseniors,
and your greatt-grandseniors), regular homework assignments on the reading
will be graded this year.
- Locate information for Vocabulary Quizzes (they are to help you with
national testing now and later as well as meet typical requirements for
learning this subject.
- This panel is your short cut to current due dates and upcoming activities.
- Tests grades and quiz grades coming soon:
- Diagnostic Articel due on Tuesday
- First homework grade due on Thursday
Concept Map for This Week
Class Activities for this Week
Agenda for Today:
- 8:00--8:15 Introduction: Leena and Samantha
- 8:15-8:20 What we want to do this year!
- 8:20--9:00 What staff wants to do/ article ideas/brainstorming
- 9:00-9:25 wrap up
Activities to Cover this Week
Days to Deadline:
- 8:00 to 9:00 Diagnostic article writing exercise to ascertain what Mr.
Carter has to teach this year.
- 9:00 to 9:25 Touch base with officers about current jobs, establish or
remind about due dates.
- Note: by end of class, I need a firm due date for the first issue.
Homework This Week
List of Articles (see below)
Revise your diagnostic article
Start work on defining your calendar for you beats.
- Read pages 1 through 25 in Press Time.
- Each day, look at a news source on Internet. Scan the source. List at
least one article idea that you think might be of interest to MSMS.
- Write down the hyperlink, author, and title of the article in a word
- Turn in next Tuesday. We shall use your work as the basis for group
(Journalism 1) next Tuesday.
- Write out a description of your job as you see it.
- I want a list by next Tuesday of each executive position and what it
requires of the student.
- We shall use these lists to set up the Leadership Evaluation part of this
updated 7/31/2010 by jLc